Want to know the best morning self care routine that will completely transform your life? This simple ritual will make you feel refreshed and empowered every single time.
Crafting the perfect morning self care routine can be both exciting and overwhelming. If you are anything like me, you’ve already read tons of expert opinions of what’s the best way to spend your mornings. While simultaneously factoring in the time crunch before the busy day ahead. Not to worry! As a holistic healer who emphasizes on healing our nervous systems, I have found the simplest morning self care routine that will completely empower you for the day ahead.
This article will share what is a morning self care routine, why a self care morning routine is important, examples of a self care routine, self care routine lists, the scientifically proven best morning routine, and of course the best simple morning self care routine.
After reading this article you will be a complete pro and ready to implement a morning self care routine that will completely change your life.
This article is all about the best morning self care routine.
Morning Self Care Routine
1. What is a morning self care routine?
A morning self care routine typically involves activities that promote physical and mental well-being, such as stretching, meditation or mindfulness practice, drinking water, having a healthy breakfast, and setting intentions for the day. It can also include activities like reading, journaling, or practicing gratitude. The specific routine can vary depending on personal preferences and needs. It’s important to find what works best for you and to prioritize taking care of yourself each morning.
2. Why a self care morning routine is important?
A self care morning routine can help set a positive tone for the day, reduce stress and anxiety, improve mental clarity and focus, boost energy levels, and promote overall well-being. Making time for yourself in the morning can also help you feel more productive and better equipped to handle whatever the day brings.
At the end of the day, this is your life and your health comes first. When we focus on prioritizing our mental and physical health it greatly improves the quality of life we end of living. We make better decisions, we attract better opportunities, we are simply happier. And that is important.
3. How do I start a self-care routine?
To implement self-care, start by identifying activities that help you relax and recharge. Each person will react differently to each activity (meditation, breathwork, reading, etc.). Be honest with yourself, does that “healthy self care” really makes you feel better, become better, or recharges you for the better? If not, skip it! Your self care should never feel stressful, it defeats the purpose if it does. Instead, your morning self care routine should feel exciting and happy to leave your cozy bed.
The next part is scheduling time for these activities regularly and prioritizing your own well-being. Don’t be afraid to set boundaries and say no to things that drain your energy. Writing down your routine in your planner will help especially when beginning. When it is written down, there is a better chance it will happen.
4. General self care routine lists
Here are some ideas for a self care routine:
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast and a few minutes of stretching or meditation.
- Take breaks throughout the day to stretch and move your body.
- Schedule time for a relaxing activity, such as reading a book or taking a bath.
- Practice gratitude by writing down things you are thankful for each day.
- Connect with loved ones through phone calls or video chats.
- Get enough sleep by sticking to a consistent bedtime routine.
- Prioritize your physical health by eating nutritious foods and staying hydrated.
- Practice mindfulness techniques, such as deep breathing or yoga.
- Set boundaries and say no to things that drain your energy.
- Take care of your mental health by seeking support from a therapist or counselor if needed.
- Setting intentions or goals for the day ahead.
- Creating a skincare routine
- Cold exposure to regulate the nervous system
- Watching something funny to laugh and bring joy into your life
- Playing a game
- Participating in a hobby for pure pleasure
- Go outside and ground in nature
- Socialize with new people to open your mind to new possibilities
5. Scientifically proven best morning routine
I always say before all else, trust yourself. But understanding the science behind routines is also fascinating and important. Keep these in mind when sculpting your morning ritual.
- Have your coffee on a full stomach. It helps prevent deregulating the nervous system which would send you into fight or flight mode.
- Fuel your body with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. You will feel full and satisfied why regulating your blood sugar.
- Move the body. Morning workouts will lower your body’s cortisol levels and release tension in the body. A simply yoga class will do the trick. You may also like to read my other article about the 11 best physical self care routines you need!
- Meditate. When you first wake up in the morning your brain moves from theta, alpha before landing in beta. This is the best time to utilize the brainwaves by slipping back into alpha through meditation to reprogram the subconscious mind.
- Get some sun. Just fifteen minutes of sunlight on your skin in the morning can eliminate your sleep hormones and leave you feeling awake and refreshed.
- Deep breathing. A few deep breaths will help re-oxygenate the body when it has its lowest oxygen point. This will help you feel more energized.
6. The best simple morning self care routine
You’ve learned what a morning routine is, the importance of self care, and the scientifically proven methods to enhance your mornings, now it’s time for the best and most simple self care routine. This formula can be added to, personalized, and crafted to fit your needs, but even if you only practice these 5 simple steps you will feel a drastic difference in your life.
- Drink a glass of water to hydrate your body. Add a little lemon if you like the taste.
- Grab your journal and write your intention for the day and three things you are grateful for. This helps the mind focus on the joy of living.
- Take a few deep breaths to calm your mind and reduce stress while oxygenating each cell.
- Take a few minutes to meditate or practice mindfulness to start your day with a clear mind.
- Stretch or do some light yoga flow to energize your body.
- Have a nutrient rich breakfast with your coffee. Eat slowly, sip mindfully, perhaps smile.
- Wash your face and brush your teeth to refresh yourself.
Nothing complex, nothing too hard or challenging or punishing. Simple is often the best when it comes to life in general, and our minds and bodies are able to repair themselves when we leave room for growth and reset. Taking the time each morning to truly nourish your body and mindset even for a short moment will add up and do wonders for you.
Let me know in the comments if you would like a nightly self care routine where sleep is prioritized!I’m happy to share helpful suggestions for those as well.
BONUS: Easy ways to upgrade your morning self care routine
As a little bonus, I wanted to include easy and fun ways to add a little luxury to your routine. Here are my favorite products to upgrade showers to thoroughly enjoy gentle stretches.
Invest in a cute journal to stay motivated to write down your gratitude. I love this one from Insight Edition.
Energize your morning self care with these shower bombs, they will make you so excited to wake up in the morning and will even put a smile on your face.
Gua Sha is one of my favorite self care routines I do in the morning to get the blood flowing and the fluid drained after sleeping. These are made from agate and are a stunning edition to your skin care regime!
This super cozy blanket is the perfect prop for meditating. You can wrap yourself in it during cooler mornings or fold it to use as a cushion during warmer months.
This article was about The Best Morning Self Care Routine.